Sleep 2.0 Proprietary Blend
- Chamomile contains antioxidants that may promote sleepiness and has been shown to improve overall sleep quality.
- L-Theanine elevates levels of GABA, as well as serotonin and dopamine which work in the brain to regulate emotions, mood, concentration, alertness, and sleep, as well as appetite, energy, and other cognitive skills. Increasing levels of these calming brain chemicals promotes relaxation and can help with sleep.
- Melatonin plays a role in your natural sleep-wake cycle. Natural levels of melatonin in the blood are highest at night. Some research suggests that melatonin supplements might be helpful in treating sleep disorders, such as delayed sleep phase, and providing some relief from insomnia and jet lag.
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride cause sleepiness, which is effective for the short-term treatment of insomnia or acute insomnia.
Benefits of Sleep Aid Supplements
Our Sleep 2.0 formula has been scientifically formulated to promote better sleep. Prime ingredients include melatonin, Valerian root, passionflower extract, California poppy powder, chamomile, L-Theanine, and hops. When you’re having trouble getting that sound sleep your internal clock craves, add Sleep 2.0 to your evening. This non-habit-forming sleep-aid helps you get some rest, so you can wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day.
Chamomile contains the bioflavonoid apigenin, which is said to reduce anxiety and promote sleep. Meanwhile, L-Theanine is an amino acid derived from tea leaves. It promotes the elevation of calming neurotransmitters (such as GABA, serotonin, and dopamine) in the brain and increases alpha brain wave levels. Increased alpha wave levels have been shown to reduce anxiety and depression.
Valerian, passionflower, California poppy, and hops are anxiolytic herbs that promote healthy levels of GABA in the brain. Adequate GABA levels facilitate optimal periods of slow-wave sleep (SWS), which in turn promotes cerebral rejuvenation. A 2012 study documents that passionflower reduced anxiety levels in patients undergoing spinal surgery. Additionally, California poppy holds the same sedative properties as morphine without its potentially addictive attributes.
Taking Sleep Aid Supplements Safely
Ideally, sleep aids should be relied on for short-term use only. To date, no conclusive studies have documented the risks associated with persistent use of prescription and non-prescription medications. That said, natural sleep supplements and meaningful lifestyle changes can be an effective means of increasing one’s quality of sleep.
The KIYA Sleep Protocol: A Complementary Lifestyle
Our Sleep 2.0 formula works best with the following lifestyle:
- A fiber rich-diet that includes cruciferous vegetables, citrus fruits, garlic, and turmeric
- A nutrient-rich diet that includes bone broth, grass-fed dairies & meats, and cod liver oil
- Drink a glass of celery juice each morning for improved digestion, less bloating, and better overall mental clarity
- High-intensity activity or aerobic workouts
- A gluten-free, low-carb, low sugar, low caffeine, and alcohol-free diet
- A ketoflex diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids from fish, such as mackerel, sardines, anchovies, salmon, and herring
- Daily sauna uses to eliminate toxins
- Ingestion of organic, pesticide-free foods to protect gastrointestinal and overall health
- Stress-reduction through meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Adequate sleep to maintain well-being, typically 8 hours or more
- Food allergy testing to identify sensitivities that contribute to poor health
- Decreased bio-toxicity through limited exposure to household mold